Re: [SystemSafety] Another runaway car

From: David Crocker < >
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:06:09 +0000

In light aircraft, it is generally a mandatory requirement that the circuit breaker in the power line to the autopilot is of the pullable variety, providing a way of disabling the autopilot if the on/off switch doesn't work. It seems strange to me that in cars, no alternate method for disabling cruise control is provided.

David Crocker, Escher Technologies Ltd.
http://www.eschertech.com
Tel. +44 (0)20 8144 3265 or +44 (0)7977 211486