[SystemSafety] Fwd: Re: New book

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 15 14:00:16 CEST 2013

On 4/15/13 12:10 PM, jean-louis Boulanger wrote:
>   Safety Management of Software-based Equipment
>
> Autor : jean-Louis Boulanger

Thanks!

But the price: £63.50 / €76.20  :-(  I don't know any students who would afford that.

That is an issue I haven't solved. I was quoted an asking price of £75 from a major publisher for my
2001 book Causal System Analysis, knew none of my students would ever pay, so I printed hard-bound
hard copies privately for the university library and for people who wanted them, at a quarter the
price, and left it on-line.

On other other hand, I don't know how to do that much better. The Fukushima book is currently being
negotiated to cost about €40 (hard copy or electronic).

John Spriggs has a book out on GSN with Springer:
http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4471-2312-5/page/1  Felix Redmill reviewed it in a
recent edition of Safety Systems, and remarked on the steep price.

John Knight does best. His 2012 book http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439862551 costs about
£32 = €37.50