[SystemSafety] Fwd: Re: New book

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 15 22:19:31 CEST 2013

Well, Les, Andrew Odlyzko was claiming the imminent death of traditional academic publishing twenty years ago. I believed it - the argument was so obviously correct.

And the predictions wrong. I ended up with, as I said, "no publications" (although even that by its own criteria was manifestly false).  And the traditional academic publishers are making money hand over fist, to the point at which the UK government has stepped in and said "no longer with our taxpayers's money".

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, University of Bielefeld and Causalis Limited