[SystemSafety] Preliminary Hazard Analysis - Approaches

M Mencke menckem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:14:12 CEST 2013

I think it is useful to use a checklist as input to your analysis to
identify potential hazardous events related to your system, but I think the
failure of system functions should be analysed bottom-up. This would
demonstrate how you got to the conclusion that certain specific events from
the list of top events are related to your system, at least in preliminary
stages, even if you don't have detailed design
information available. Unless it is a product with which you already have a
lot of experience, but even in that case functions could change depending
on the application environment.