[SystemSafety] SIL ratings to be scrapped?

Gerry R Creech grcreech at ra.rockwell.com
Thu Aug 22 13:30:11 CEST 2013

Myriam,

Isn't 'high demand' also a demand mode, that happens to use PFH and
different from continuous mode?

In continuous mode, we can only take credit for diagnostics that can
detect a failure and carry out the specified action within the process
safety time.
In high demand mode, we can take credit for diagnostics where the ratio of
the test rate to the demand rate equals or exceeds 100.

Best regards,

Gerry Creech