[SystemSafety] SIL ratings to be scrapped?

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:07:55 CEST 2013

'Luckily', I'd put more faith in the landing gears software being designed
and coded by the landing gears maker than their use of 61508 versus DO-178
:)).

Having worked as a primes safety manager on a couple of projects my lesson
learned is that driving the subcontractor to use a different
process/standard often delivers sub-optimal results. Better to understand
their processes and address weaknesses as you see them.

And as no bid manager likes a 'do not comply' or 'comply with
qualifications' there's intense pressure on the technical team during
tender dream time to say 'yes we can', even when they don't really
understand the implications. This is another engine that drives 61508 take
up.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile