[SystemSafety] Critical Design Checklist

SPRIGGS, John J John.SPRIGGS at nats.co.uk
Wed Aug 28 10:32:36 CEST 2013

A question I used to ask of avionics designers was "Would you fly on the thing yourself?".  For a defensive aids sub-system, the question was modified to "Would you stand next to it on the ground when it has just landed or is ready for take-off?"
I found it very rewarding to ask a simple question in a design review and have the guy excuse himself to go and make an urgent 'phone call...

John