[SystemSafety] Another runaway car

David Crocker dcrocker at eschertech.com
Thu Feb 14 15:24:53 CET 2013

How does this requirement translate to cars that don't use a
conventional key? On my BMW 3-series, the electronic key does not
rotate, instead I insert it into a hole in the dashboard. I am fairly
sure it is locked in place when the engine is running. I guess the
start/stop button should turn the engine off, but I haven't tried
pressing it while the car is moving.

David Crocker, Escher Technologies Ltd.
http://www.eschertech.com
Tel. +44 (0)20 8144 3265 or +44 (0)7977 211486