[SystemSafety] underground trains without drivers

David Haworth david.haworth at elektrobit.com
Thu Jan 24 11:59:43 CET 2013

Part of the Nürnberg U-Bahn (U2 and U3) is driverless.

Some of the trains have a "service operator" on board who is
a qualified driver, but who acts more like a guard. Other trains
are fully driverless.

I think U1 still has drivers.

Dave

On 2013-01-24 09:49:06 +0100, Gergely Buday wrote:
>    Hi there,
>    what is the current trend on to employ or not to employ drivers on
>    underground trains that would be capable of running automatically,
>    and/or with central control? I guess people usually stick to see a
>    human being in control.
>    And, is there a track record of accidents of driverless trains?
>    Gergely Buday

David Haworth B.Sc.(Hons.), OS Kernel Developer         Tel: +49 9131 7701-6154
david.haworth at elektrobit.com                            Fax: +49 9131 7701-6333
Elektrobit Automotive GmbH           Am Wolfsmantel 46, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kocher, Gregor Zink       Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 4886

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.