[SystemSafety] Qualifying SW as "proven in use" [Measuring Software]

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 19:21:25 CEST 2013

I agree. And I'd like to see COTS software supplied with a statement of
complexity, against some standardised metric.

But it's a huge change you are asking for: most systems that use any
COTS would be ruled out of safety-related applications.

We can't become an engineering profession in one step - but I'd like us
to be clearly starting the journey.

Martyn