[SystemSafety] Research topics

Nancy Leveson leveson.nancy8 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 16:03:05 CEST 2013

I have two graduate students who are working on the application of STAMP to
security. One is an Air Force Colonel, Bill Young, who is applying it to
cyber security. He has prototyped an experimental evaluation with a real
Air Force red team on a real mission. It worked very well. He is now
planning a full scale experimental evaluation with a real project and real
red teams (one team will use his technique and the other will use their
standard approaches) for the fall. Results should be available by the next
STAMP workshop in the spring.

A second student is Adam Williams, a Ph.D. student who works for Sandia
National Lab. He is looking at the application of STAMP to nuclear security
and the vulnerability to terrorism (as Andy recommended below). He is not
as far along as Bill but is making progress.

Just to encourage others, it's going very well and appears to be a useful
way forward in security.

Nancy

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:54 AM, René Senden <rene.senden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Contribution from Andy Loebl...****
>
> ** **

Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems
MIT, Room 33-334
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02142

Telephone: 617-258-0505