[SystemSafety] Research topics

Ian Broster ianb at rapitasystems.com
Mon Jul 15 18:36:05 CEST 2013

Continuing from the comment below, I can note the PROARTIS research
project in this area.

http://www.proartis-project.eu/

The project concerns timing verification, mostly worst case execution time.

The story goes like this:

  1. We'd like to use statistics (for the reasons outlined nicely by Tom
Ferrell)

  2. If we make the hardware/software have time-randomized behaviour (not
functional!) e.g. random cache replacement, then we can properly
justify/invent/use use statistical methods

  3. Now that have the methods - to what extent can they be applied to
systems without novel time-randomized hardware behaviour.

A very interesting and applicable project that is being followed up by a
project called PROXIMA starting later this year.

Ian

--
Ian Broster
Rapita Systems Ltd

http://www.rapitasystems.com/rapita/mailing_list

For real-time verifications issues and discussion, follow

the Rapita Systems blog

http://www.rapitasystems.com/blog