[SystemSafety] FW: How safe is safe?

Rob Alexander rob.alexander at york.ac.uk
Wed May 8 11:22:41 CEST 2013

Hi Andy, all,

I've paged Drew Rae about this - not sure if he's on this list but
validity of QRA/PRA is one of his main interests.

Drew, John McDermid about this recently published a paper on the
validity of PRA ---
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~rda/PSAM%20QRA%20paper%20final.pdf ---
in summary, there are a lot of big claims made about the value of PRA
and precious little evidence to support them.

Rob