[SystemSafety] nuclear energy - disparate policies?

René Senden rene.senden at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 19:02:04 CET 2013

Indeed, thank you for the correction

-----Original Message-----
From: systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de [mailto:systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de] On Behalf Of Peter Bishop
Sent: dinsdag 5 november 2013 15:51
To: systemsafety at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Subject: Re: [SystemSafety] nuclear energy - disparate policies?

I would imagine that hydrogen was not mentioned because it is not a primary energy source.

There are no convenient hydrogen mines or hydrogen wells. It has to be created using a primary energy source like solar, wind, oil or nuclear.

Hydrogen might be convenient for energy storage and energy distribution but that is all - it won't solve our energy supply problems.

Peter Bishop

René Senden wrote:
> There have been interesting contributions to this thread, many thanks
> to all.
> A lot has been said with respect to economic considerations..
> Regarding alternative energy sources I noticed that hydrogen was not
> mentioned..
> Less has been said about the associated risks, acceptability of risk
> etc, not only with respect to accidents but also w.r.t. the matter of
> nuclear waste

Peter Bishop
Chief Scientist
Adelard LLP