[SystemSafety] Automobile Safety-Critical Kit (Bookout v. Toyota Motor transcript)

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 21:52:32 CET 2013

Heath

You may be right that the code had nothing to do with the crash but if
the outcome is much better software engineering then let's celebrate
that. Good engineering is free - there may be some training costs but
the ROI is high and you will save money every year following, for ever.
If you need to convince someone, get them to look at the Tokeneer
project for NSA (all details on line) and compare their productivity and
defect densities.

Quality is free - really! - I have seen it (and I bet my own company on
it over many years).

Martyn