[SystemSafety] ITU's proposal for real-time flight data transmission

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 10 15:48:03 CEST 2014

The ITU is having its four-yearly convention. They opened by announcing an initiative to enable
continuous real-time flight-data transmission from commercial transport aircraft in flight.

I don't know why people are banging on about this. I don't think it makes much sense. But apparently
some, even many, people do. It apparently didn't occur to people at the ITU meeting that none of
them know the first thing about aviation safety and that it might be a good idea if they found out a
little about it before making major pronouncements.

http://www.abnormaldistribution.org/2014/04/10/don-hudson-and-pbl-on-the-itus-proposal-for-real-time-flight-data-transmission/