[SystemSafety] OpenSSL Bug

Steve Tockey Steve.Tockey at construx.com
Mon Apr 14 01:53:55 CEST 2014

While I agree that we will probably never to make perfectly error-free
software, the capability has existed for years to reduce shipped
(user-encountered) defects by an order of magnitude or more. The other
point is that until we--the consumers--become less tolerant of defective
software, then the developers will continue to create it. Yes, it is a bit
of an extreme view, but its intent is to be a wake up call for the typical
developer:

"Get ready, because the typical consumer is getting tired of the crap
software you have been producing. We're not just asking for higher
quality, more reliable software, we're going to start demanding it"

-- steve