[SystemSafety] Therac-25 redux

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Thu Aug 21 14:53:59 CEST 2014

By coincidence in the linkedin group:- "Embedded Systems Group"
Under the discussion title:   "Not good news for firmware programmers"
Was this message and link:-

Take a look at this study - seems like a great many devices are not only
wide open but actively dangerous to other systems.
http://www.s3.eurecom.fr/docs/usenixsec14_costin.pdf

The discussion is now saying it is not bad news for programmers in general
just the bad ones and should there be some sort of licensing or minimum
qualification for programmers.

Chris