[SystemSafety] Short news article on Fukushima Dai-ichi and Risk

Dick Selwood dick at ntcom.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 10:01:03 CET 2014

Sorry Bernard- didn't mean t take this to the list.

Alfred was the King of Wessex -a Saxon Kingdom in the South and West of
England in the late ninth century. As a warlord he pushed back the
Viking incursions in England and began to unite the country. (The same
series of incursions in Northern France created the area we now call
Normandy.) His descendants completed the process of unification.

He was also a devote Christian and was concerned with increasing
education. He oversaw, and may even have taken part himself in , the
translation of a number of key books -in his words ""the books most
needful for all men to know" from Latin into the language we now call
Old or Early English.

He was , on a smaller canvas, the equivalent in Britain of Charlemagne