[SystemSafety] NYTimes: The Next Accident Awaits

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:47:39 CET 2014

Interesting,

As I remember according to a study by the UK HSE both the Netherlands and
Denmark do better than the UK in various safety outcomes.

So perhaps we should actually be asking the Dutch and the Danes what
they're doing right?

In general I'm cautious about saying well it's this technique or that
process that makes the difference. What we observe is that different states
have different approaches and different accident rates. But causation is
way more difficult to prove.

Cheers,

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770656
Email; Mattsquair at gmail.com
Web: http://criticaluncertainties.com

On 31 Jan 2014, at 8:08 pm, "RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE)" <