[SystemSafety] FMEA draft international standard

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:58:16 CEST 2014

And another thing.

There's already standards released and available for FMEA, see the SAE's J
standard, and the venerable MIL-STD-1629. So why do we need another? Before
we go gaily skipping down the primrose path of generating another
 standard, perhaps someone could state clearly why these are inadequate and
clearly define what the hoped for improvement is?

I haven't seen pictures in the news of crowds of angry RAM engineers
besieging their local standards organisations, angrily waving FMEA reports
in the air and demanding action to include 'C' into the acronym.

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655
Email; Mattsquair at gmail.com