[SystemSafety] MH370

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:28:10 CET 2014

Sure, but over the years there have also been a number of lost at sea
accidents where either the FDR or CVR were not recovered or were recovered
damaged. Dave Warren's original proposal was aimed squarely at that problem
and was for a foam cored blister pack with a simple wire spool recorder and
die pack, the concept being that it would be mounted on the external
fuselage (around the tail) and popped off in an explosion or impact induced
hull over-pressure.

--
*Matthew Squair*
MIEAust CPEng