[SystemSafety] MH370

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Sun Mar 16 11:37:26 CET 2014

Hi

Yes there is a possibility it has landed safely somewhere. Depending in if
you want to take off again as to how short the runway needed and the
facilities required.   There is still also a possibility they were abducted
by aliens..

Until a more coherent picture is formed it is all speculation. Despite
Peter's assertion that a clear or at least coherent picture is emerging I
don't think we have enough information to judge

It *IS* possible that electrical faults killed the ACAS and the other
systems in such a way the flight crew did not know, hence no radio calls,
and this is still a bizarre accident.  However given the information slowly
(and somewhat disjointed)  coming out of various military and intelligence
groups  (all with vested interests) mixed with the political shenanigans it
may be that we never find out what happened even if the aircraft is
eventually found.

It is interesting that the two possible flight paths are almost in opposite
directions. North west and south west (according to the BBC) I would have
thought they could do triangulation a bit better than that.   This would
suggest there is as much international politics as air safety involved here.

As PBL said this could be a game of not letting the hijackers know how much
the authorities know.   IF this was a hijacking you would normally expect
some group of terrorists/freedom fighters to make some capital out of it.
Unless the hijacking is phase one of a plan hence the cat and mouse with
information releases from all sides.

Chris