[SystemSafety] Autonomous Vehicles and "Hacking" Threats

Stefan Winter swi at deeds.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Nov 21 13:22:45 CET 2014

Hi,

ETAS (a Bosch subsidiary developing software for designing and testing
automotive control systems) bought ESCRYPT in 2012 to address
information security concerns. I haven't looked at any recent ESCRYPT
products/solutions, but from a talk I attended in 2012 it appeared to me
that their technical focus is on crypto for embedded and real-time systems.

There is a quotation in the article:
> “Recent reports analysing software show that 98% of applications have serious defects and in many cases there were 10-15 defects per application,” he said.
Does anyone know which "recent reports" Mr. Boyes may be referring to?

Cheers,
Stefan