[SystemSafety] The Accident to SpaceShip2

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:20:22 CEST 2015

I agree, hazard identification is the <<most>> difficult and <<most>>
neglected, at least in my opinion, part of safety engineering.

We should not neglect the power of such accidents to inform a safety
program. The Americans would have in all likelihood lost Apollo 11 or
another mission had it not been for the design changes introduced in the
aftermath of the Apollo 1 fire. Ditto for the Thresher disaster.

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655
Email; Mattsquair at gmail.com
Web: http://criticaluncertainties.com

On 3 Aug 2015, at 10:14 pm, Peter Bernard Ladkin <