[SystemSafety] Looking for a safety consultant in the USA

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Sat Jan 10 18:37:29 CET 2015

Hi All

I hope no one minds this post (and I consulted the list owner first) but I
have been asked to find a consultant for a  company Ideal with.  As it is in
the USA none of my usual suspects are interested.

If anyone is interested or know someone who might be interested email  me
and I will put you in touch with these people.

NOTE I am NOT an agency I will put you directly in touch with the end
company and I have no commercial interest in this.

Brief:-
1     Visit to audit safety lifecycle management processes and the people
responsible for those processes. Report (findings, gaps and recommendations)
to requirements of IEC 61508, MISRA guidelines, ISO 13849 and ISO 26262 and
other applicable ISO standards as appropriate to mining business sector (and
other sectors if possible).
 a.     This visit to include informal review of some architecture and
design approaches being considered for emergency stop and obstacle
detection. Verbal feedback, advice and suggestions.

2.     Visit  to audit product for automation. Structured body of evidence,
safety argument etc. Report (findings, gaps and recommendations) per
processes established in #1 above.

Regards
      Chris

Eur Ing Chris Hills BSc CEng MIET MBCS FRGS FRSA

Phaedrus Systems Ltd Tel:  FREEphone 0808 1800 358 Vat GB860621831  Co
Reg #04120771 Http://www.phaedsys.com chills at phaedsys.com