[SystemSafety] Statistical Assessment of SW ......

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 00:12:21 CET 2015

With apologies to Peter Bishop, I meant to send this to the group but
selected the wrong damn button*.

Another non-trivial hardware problem is how to ensure a shared concept of
time in a distributed system in the presence of clock drift. Said drift can
lead to quite different responses to inputs from redundant identical
components, based on their hitting a time gate at slightly different
moments.

*Likelihood of operator error 1x10-3/D (WASH1400 study App III).

*Matthew Squair*
MIEAust CPEng

Mob: +61 488770655
Email: MattSquair at gmail.com