[SystemSafety] Statistical Assessment of SW ......

RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) bertrand.ricque at sagem.com
Mon Jan 26 13:31:13 CET 2015

This is a particularly true statement, in my opinion.

I hope and don't think that the trend of the committee is to claim any guarantee on SW "safety". We have to acknowledge that safety systems users (who order and specify them) are more and more believing that SW can be totally safe.

The challenge in my opinion is to have a standard assessing what you suggest. But not only, because it is not sufficient. It needs also to highlight that the result will not be perfect, and even more to reassess that the user has to specify  the unwanted events which still remains a black hole in several industries and would suffice to have engineers take care about it, if specified.

Bertrand Ricque
Program Manager
Optronics and Defence Division
Sights Program