[SystemSafety] [EC 61508 and cybersecurity

RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) bertrand.ricque at sagem.com
Mon Jun 1 14:57:59 CEST 2015

In the existing IEC 61508 there is a clear trend to focus on dedicated safety systems and functions. But the standard addresses also (often by default, but never excluding them) systems and functions where it is not possible to differentiate safety functions and system from control system, let’s call them “critical systems”.

It is a natural evolution for IEC 61508 (planned to be discussed for edition 3) to better take into account critical systems and their characteristics.

This will have an impact on associated security.

Bertrand Ricque
Program Manager
Optronics and Defence Division
Sights Program