[SystemSafety] Practical Statistical Evaluation of Critical Software

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Mar 1 18:06:39 CET 2015

Folks,

As I mentioned last week, Bev Littlewood and I have been writing a short practical guide to
statistical evaluation of software with high-reliability requirements. It has been apparent to us
for a while that IEC 61508-7 Annex D is an insufficient and in some respects misleading guide to the
statistical evaluation of critical software, and it's been there in the standard by now for 18
years. Time to fix that. This is the material we think should go into a revision.

It's available at http://www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de/publications/Papers/LadLitt20150301.pdf and has
also been submitted for publication.