[SystemSafety] Practical Statistical Evaluation of Critical Software

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Mar 2 13:51:43 CET 2015

On 2015-03-02 13:41 , Derek M Jones wrote:
> On 02/03/2015 07:44, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote:
>> That is exactly the problem which John Locke had with his theory of perception, and of which
>
> Urns and now John Locke.
>
> Does anybody have any empirical data we can talk about?

Empirical data doesn't do anyone any good unless you have a valid analytical method to apply to them
to draw inferences and obtain conclusions. It is thus occasionally a good idea to talk seriously
about the methods. In particular when people such as yourself disparage valid methods for flippant
reasons.