[SystemSafety] Fault, Failure and Reliability Again (short)

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 16:32:21 CET 2015

And how are you going to show "extremely improbable" for the digital
hardware? Testing seems impractical, if you want (say) 99% confidence.
"Proven in use"? Show me the evidence of enough use in the relevant
operating environment.

Shouldn't standards only contain requirements that can be met with
scientifically valid evidence that can be independently verified?

Martyn