[SystemSafety] Software reliability (or whatever you would prefer to call it)

Nick Tudor njt at tudorassoc.com
Fri Mar 6 11:37:13 CET 2015

Martyn

Consider this then:

The beta testing does not find any errors....according to your example, it
must be 100% reliable.

The fact that it did not hit the one undetected error in the code that
would cause a system failure does not reflect in the supposed "reliability".

Oh, then the software gets released and someone uses it in a manner such
that it always hits the error - must be 0% reliable in the users view.

Which would you like to pick?

Nick Tudor
Tudor Associates Ltd
Mobile: +44(0)7412 074654