[SystemSafety] Software reliability (or whatever you would prefer to call it)

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 13:16:47 CET 2015

My train service is unreliable - not because it degrades physically
(though it does) but because the drivers don't show up when needed ...
(Maybe they have degraded physically too, but I blame late nights
watching football).

Let's not try to redefine "reliability". Let's characterise the
properties that we are discussing and choose some names that we agree to
use for them (without overloading terms that have other, accepted meanings).

Martyn