[SystemSafety] Software reliability

E. Douglas Jensen jensen at real-time.org
Fri Mar 13 13:01:39 CET 2015

The B-52 was born in 1952 and is expected to remain in service into the 2040's. It has undergone extensive upgrades including a major one in 2013 that involved a lot of electronics and software, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are still bits of 1950's software remaining in the 78 B-52H aircraft still operational.

Doug
----
E. Douglas Jensen
jensen at real-time.org<mailto:jensen at real-time.org>, http://www.real-time.org<http://www.real-time.org/>
Home voice 508-653-5653, Cell phone voice: 508-728-0809
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/edouglas.jensen
LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/pub/e-douglas-doug-jensen/3/82/65a/<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/e-douglas-doug-jensen/3/82/65a/>