[SystemSafety] Stupid Software Errors [was: Overflow......]

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Tue May 5 02:52:42 CEST 2015

Hi Martyn,

I see the greatest value of carrying out a test of this sort is in finding
out things you never anticipated. Not as a substitute for static analysis,
code inspections or basic good practice.

Now Boeing knows something about both the product software and the efficacy
of their processes. Will they address the 'quality escape', or just fix the
immediate problem? That I don't know.

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655