[SystemSafety] Wheel detachment from a moving car

David Haworth david.haworth at elektrobit.com
Fri May 22 07:18:02 CEST 2015

My tyre dealer recommends checking the wheel nuts after
about 50km. They put a little sticker on the steering wheel
as a reminder. I think it might be common practice in
Germany.

Also, most people here change their wheels twice
a year (summer and winter tyres) - that would have an
affect on the statistics - a given percentage of errors
when changing wheels would translate to a higher accident
rate. So maybe something was spotted in the past.
Maybe PBL can comment?

Dave