[SystemSafety] Qualification of libraries

Dewi Daniels dewi.daniels at software-safety.com
Mon Oct 26 16:57:45 CET 2015

I've received an email from Chris Hobbs of QNX stating that he can't reply
to this list for some reason. Chris asked me to forward his email, which
reads as follows:

Stefan, Dewi,

I've seen your comments regarding certified C/C++ libraries in the
Bielefeld mailing list, but have been unable to respond to the list.
Perhaps you could copy this email to the list until I find out what's wrong.

The QNX microkernel and associated C library is certified to IEC61508 at
SIL3 and ISO26262 at ASIL-D. The toolchain including the C compiler is also
included with the certification (see enclosed certificate). We included the
entire C library within the certification --- no routines are excluded.

I hope that this helps. Sorry about not being able to post to the mailing
list.

Cheers

Chris Hobbs
QNX Software Systems
solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from
your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

ewi.daniels at software-safety.com