[SystemSafety] Qualification of libraries

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Mon Oct 26 19:04:42 CET 2015

Actually there  are three main  C and C++ test suites.   The two Derek
mentioned (one of which he distributes )  and the Solid Sands test suite,
formerly the ACE test suite which has a 30 year history.  CAVEAT: Phaedrus
Systems distributes Solid Sands in the UK.
http://www.phaedsys.com/principals/solidsands/index.html

I have a couple of videos on compiler testing, one by  the author of the
Solid Sands test suite
https://youtu.be/oud0E7hin3s

and one by an Independent consultant, Olwen Morgan about compiler testing in
general that discusses all three main test suites
 https://youtu.be/l27lyNVrH2Y

There is also one important question:  Is this a hosted  or self-hosted
system?
The requirements for a hosted library are not the same as a self-hosted
system.

I know Solid Sands provide a qualification kit that is used by several
compilers

Regards
   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd
FREEphone 0808 1800 358    International +44 1827 259 546
Vat GB860621831  Co Reg #04120771
Http://www.phaedsys.com  chills at phaedsys.com