[SystemSafety] CFP: SASSUR 2016

Sandro Bologna s.bologna at infrastrutturecritiche.it
Tue Apr 19 11:54:13 CEST 2016

Dear Peter, Dear All,

SAFECOMP was established in 1979 by the European Workshop on
Industrial Computer Systems, Technical Committee 7 on Reliability,
Safety and Security (EWICS TC7). I was among the founders, together
with Prof. Rudolf Lauber, Wolfgang Ehrenberger, Robert Taylor, and
many others, see picture in the attachment to recognize some of the
founders . The initial spirit was that of creating an occasion for
industry and academia getting together and discuss about real
problems. With the passing years academics became predominant in the
IPC. I agree with the analysis made by Prof. Ladkin. In particular,
the size and the complexity of the problems faced by Industry has
been growing much faster than the solutions proposed by the
academics. Mostly of the time in the academic world, due to the needs
for career, citation index for papers published in academic journal
are more important than try to solve problems of real world.

By the way, SASSUR 2016 is only a Workshop organized in conjunction
to SAFECOMP 2016.

Regards
Sandro Bologna