[SystemSafety] Does "reliable" mean "safe" and or "secure" or neither?

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Thu Apr 21 09:27:01 CEST 2016

Security is more usually defined as:
Integrity + Confidentiality + Availability

Peter Bishop

On 20/04/2016 15:23, RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) wrote:
> I would stick to the Laprie taxonomy :
>
> Dependability =  Availability + Reliability + Safety + Integrity(not the SIL one, the true one) + Maintainability
> Security = Integrity + Confidentiality
>
> Bertrand Ricque
> Program Manager
> Optronics and Defence Division
> Sights Program
> Mob : +33 6 87 47 84 64
> Tel : +33 1 58 11 96 82
> Bertrand.ricque at sagem.com

Peter Bishop
Chief Scientist
Adelard LLP
Exmouth House, 3-11 Pine Street, London,EC1R 0JH
http://www.adelard.com
Recep:  +44-(0)20-7832 5850
Direct: +44-(0)20-7832 5855

Registered office: Stourside Place, Station Road, Ashford, Kent TN12 1PP
Registered in England & Wales no. OC 304551. VAT no. 454 489808

This e-mail, and any attachments, is confidential and for the use of
the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
telephone 020 7832 5850. We do not accept legal responsibility for
this e-mail or any viruses.