[SystemSafety] Alton Towers was HF

Michael J. Pont M.Pont at SafeTTy.net
Fri Apr 22 15:15:05 CEST 2016

Disabling of the protection system also appears to have been the cause of the train crash at Bad Aibling earlier this year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36025951

Perhaps it's better to let the machines run things?

Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: systemsafety [mailto:systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de] On Behalf Of RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE)
Sent: 22 April 2016 14:08

I see that we have two types of critical systems :
* Systems that are designed with a human as the ultimate layer of protection: cars, planes
* Systems that are designed to be the ultimate layer of protection

If there is a material possibility to inhibit or disengage the last ones, there is almost nothing guarantying that this will never happen, intentionally or not...

Bertrand Ricque