[SystemSafety] Job Opportunity

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Fri Dec 30 06:41:16 CET 2016

Andrea Censi asked me if this could be posted to the System Safety List. Andrea's WWW page is
http://censi.mit.edu

PBL

[begin quote]

Dear colleagues,

nuTonomy is looking for a V.P. of engineering.

Please forward to senior people who could be interested.

The job posting is copied below.

----

nuTonomy aims to be the first company in the world to launch an
autonomous taxi system, and we are building  an awesome team to make
this goal a reality. nuTonomy is developing the first-of-its-kind
complete solution for providing point-to-point mobility via large
fleets of autonomous vehicles. This includes software for autonomous
vehicle navigation, smartphone-based ride hailing, fleet routing and
management, and teleoperation.

The company's software has been tested in the U.S., Singapore, and
Europe and is put through extensive trials on public roads. nuTonomy
offers a unique opportunity to work closely with experts from a wide
array of backgrounds to create ground-breaking technology with huge
impact potential.

We are currently seeking a VP of Engineering to lead and scale our
engineering organization.

The ideal candidate will have experience:

* Managing, coaching and mentoring growing teams of software engineers
& scientists.
* Driving technical projects and providing leadership in an innovative
and fast-paced environment.
* Taking responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and
success of complex technical projects (mission/safety critical).
* Working closely with product management teams to ensure we are
building the best product and shipping in a timely manner.

Minimum qualifications:

* MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
* 7+ years of technical leadership and people management experience.
* Experience building large-scale, safety-critical systems.
* Experience leading large geographically distributed teams.

Preferred qualifications:

* 10+ years of industry experience.
* Experience leading safety-critical software development and verification.
* Experience shipping successful products
* Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge.
* Effective leader with a passion for building and scaling engineering
organizations.

http://nutonomy.com/jobs.html?gh_jid=540271

[end quote]