[SystemSafety] UK University Fees

paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 19:08:59 CEST 2016

On 01/06/2016 at 4:52 PM, "Peter Bernard Ladkin" <ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

[%X]

>UK school-leavers haven't yet realised that they could go do a
>year in Berlin, a year in Paris, a
>year in Brussels and a year in Delft, in English, and come out
>with an engineering degree from one
>of Europe's top tech universities, for no fee. Or go spend £27,000
>of their future earnings in sunny
><name your favorite Russell-Group uni>. As I said in the blog
>post, 18-year-olds can't do
>cost-benefit analyses. If they ever do figure it out, with or
>without some help, the current British
>tertiary-education model could be quickly down the drain.

One of the many reasons I am hoping for a sensible decision on
June 23rd. I agree that doing a CBA for these youngsters should
show them how to get the best education they deserve. I am
already trying to pass such a message on in my talks to kids in
my role as a STEM Ambassador.

Regards

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer