[SystemSafety] How Many Miles of Driving Would It Take to Demonstrate Autonomous Vehicle Reliability?

Fredrik Asplund fasplund at kth.se
Mon Jun 13 11:03:14 CEST 2016

I read through these some time back (automation focus, rather than only on autonomy), which should be relevant to the topic:

http://www.jnd.org/dn.mss/Norman-overautomation.pdf
http://www.ise.ncsu.edu/nsf_itr/794B/papers/Parasuraman_Riley_1997_HF.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23586654_Pilot_Interaction_With_Cockpit_Automation_Operational_Experiences_With_the_Flight_Management_System
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.87.2165&rep=rep1&type=pdf

These are freely available via the links, but, as PBL pointed out, you have to pay for or visit a (university) library to get access to better sources. I find most of these are quite old though, with a lot of the newer ones just being reclassifications of old terminology.

Sincerely,
/ Fredrik