[SystemSafety] Off Topic

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Fri Jun 24 12:38:13 CEST 2016

Re" It will be many years before we can say for sure just what the UK will
reap from yesterday."

No, we know some of it now.

1 Our price list has just had a 15% increase  due to GBP plummeting against
Euro and USD
(the financial people we are talking to are saying it could get worse  there
is no "before it gets better" in the short -medium term)

2 Several multinational companies are looking to re-locate from the UK to
the EU.
Interestingly these are not just financial companies but Engineering and
manufacturing ones too.

3 A lot of instability as Scotland and Northern Ireland look at leaving the
UK and staying in the EU.
(see point 1)

4 Not only the UK trade with the EU will be affected but most of our trade
with the rest of  the world as that was  under EU Trade agreements with
other countries.

Longer term the Leave campaign have no solid plans on how they will achieve
any of the promises they made. Mainly because most were illusions anyway.

It is interesting in that in all the companies we have talked to this
morning not one can see a good future in the UK leaving the EU.

However the day is so depressing I think we will close at 12:00 and go to an
Italian style coffee shop for an expresso  and  croissants.  Then home for
some Lasagne and a glass of Riesling finishing up with some strudel to
reflect that we won't be in the Eurovision Song Contest any more........  Oh
£$%^"$  That’s the one thing we do get to keep  :-(

Regards
   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd
FREEphone 0808 1800 358    International +44 1827 259 546
Vat GB860621831  Co Reg #04120771
Http://www.phaedsys.com  chills at phaedsys.com