[SystemSafety] Off Topic

paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 11:58:00 CEST 2016

On 25/06/2016 at 8:00 AM, "Derek M Jones" <derek at knosof.co.uk> wrote:

>Peter,
>
>Is this site the Peter Ladkin dog and pony show or
>does it have something to do with system safety?

The EU Referendum was likely to have a long term impact on the status
of some pan-European Safety issues. EASA was just one. There were
also discussions in progress regarding autonomous vehicles. We were
involved in many of the talks on harmonisation of European Safety
Standards and had an influence in their improvement.

The vote was close and there is a petition in circulation that calls for
the UK government to not proceed with the exit without more than a
sixty percent figure.

Seeing the spread of opinion amongst the age ranges it is quite clear
that the elderly were the ones demanding exit whilst our youngsters
were all in favour of remaining.

<https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13524538_10153756313887194_7657598148630904962_n.jpg?oh=9188d64c8172cce16b454bca31a381b5&oe=57C3DFCF>

I tried to find the direct source on YouGov but it is like finding a needle in
a haystack there.

Regards

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer