[SystemSafety] Off Topic

Ross Hannan - Sigma ross_hannan at sigma-aerospace.com
Sat Jun 25 12:13:10 CEST 2016

PBL wrote:

> you have lots of opportunity to talk to people about Brexit and confirm
what I wrote.

What I can confirm is what I originally said in response to Tom. There is no
decision over the situation with EASA and it will need to be sorted out.
However what I, and others, expect is that common sense will ensure that the
EASA member nations (including those in EFTA) will work in the common cause
of ensuring the continuation of a safe, secure and integrated European
airspace. I have no doubt that many will irrationally try to scare-monger -
many of which are like you and scared sheepless (or whatever it was).

Not my choice to leave but the reality of where we are right now is that the
majority who voted want to leave - at least they did on Thursday but I
understand that many are not so sure that they would vote the same way if
the opportunity arose again today. My preference would be for the EU nations
to see this as an indicator that after 60 years some remedial repair work
and a fresh coat of paint is required.  Perhaps then the EU could get
together and try and look to resolving issues surrounding what parts of the
EU various nations perceive to be broken. Perhaps that would become a more
likely scenario if other nations were to also look to having a remain/leave
referendum?

But you are right that people are concerned, and it is the likely fear of
the unknown that is driving what I see as over-reaction and scaremongering.
Personally I still find it hard to believe that so many folk decided that
voting for the unknown was such a nifty idea on Thursday.

Ross