[SystemSafety] Off Topic

Bernd Sieker sieker at causalis.com
Sat Jun 25 16:54:27 CEST 2016

On 24.06.2016 22:07, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote:

> On 2016-06-24 22:00 , Tom Ferrell wrote:
>
>>  ...... European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), my partner and I spend a fair amount of our time making sure we understand
>> and maintain currency with the regulatory regime on both sides of the Atlantic.
>
> EASA is an EU agency, so the question whether the UK CAA will reintroduce its own, separate
> certification regime is now open. Maybe back to square one. What a waste of time!

The members of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) have been
granted non-voting member status in EASA, and it seems likely that the
UK will follow the example of Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and
Iceland, both in joining EFTA and EASA.

But really, being bound by the rules of the EU single market (EU + EFTA)
and EASA without having a say in those rules: who would ever see that as
a victory?

> PBL

Bernd