[SystemSafety] Modelling and coding guidelines: "Unambiguous Graphical Representation"

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 17:13:32 CET 2016

Steve,

> My point is that it's not a simple thing to precisely define "bad code",
> neither is it a simple thing to detect it or repair it.

Bad code can be precisely defined by the amount of resources you
are willing to invest in finding and fixing any problems it might
contain.

If the code might contain problems that you are not willing to invest
in doing anything about, then it is obviously good enough.

How you choose to invest the resources you have in finding/fixing
problems is a technical issue.  There is not a lot of hard data
available to help make the optimal use of resources, so people
tend to follow the herd and sprinkle in a few of their own preferences.